[csaa-forum] Re: csaa-forum Digest, Vol 12, Issue 2

::az:: alchemic at antimedia.net
Sat Apr 2 14:30:11 CST 2005

Hi all,

and Jonathan Marshall wrote:

> Again I find myself more than somewhat alarmed by the nature on content of
>  > the discourse occuring within this forum. Possibly I am misunderstanding
> the > purpose of this forum and what it is that we in cultural studies and
> history
> can collectively agree upon.

Who is this "we" of whom you both speak? Who is this "collective"? Who are
you speaking for, and why do you feel qualified to set the terms of this, or
any, debate?

Given that there are over 400 members on this list, and many of them are not
even academics, I find it bizarre that anyone should speak about unity here.
Also ironic given that the subject of the debate -- Toni Negri -- is a
posterboy for autonomist, 'decentralised' activism/philosophy (no unity
there thankyou!) whose own tendencies towards calling for Trot-style unity
and mainstream legitimation have caused his cultural capital to wane of
late.

Nice work, Danny, and a refreshing take on the whole farce.

Aren Aizura