[csaa-forum] can anyone help?

Mel Campbell incrediblemelk at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 17 08:57:58 CST 2005

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can point me towards any writing on the way clothes fit and feel as a kind of 'body modification' technology?

I'm not talking about things like fetish corsets and those Burmese women with the neck rings - I remember Philip Brophy speaking at a public forum last year about how, for example, the tightness of a jacket across your shoulders makes you feel 'more formal' or like a 'bold corporate warrior', and in turn alters your posture, gesture and use of space.

Cheers,

Mel.