[csaa-forum] Sanctuary Call For Submissions :: DEADLINE EXTENDED

Tom Dawkins tomdawkins at email.com
Thu Dec 23 13:36:23 CST 2004

Sorry for the repeditive. Sanity has prevailed and the Sanctuary writing
competition deadline has been extended to January 14 2005. Phew! Keep an eye
on www.vibewire.net/sanctuary for all info including on prizes as they come
to hand. The minimag will be out via Avant Cards in March, in time for
Harmony Day March 21.

For all our overseas friends please note this call for submissions is only
open to Australians and those living here.

Cheers!

Tom

Original email below--------------------------------------------------

Vibewire are excited to announce a call for submissions to Sanctuary - a
competition dedicated to giving young people the opportunity to get their
thoughts, ideas and perspectives out there.  It's an awesome chance to
participate in the dialogue that shapes our country and its policies, to get
heard, and to win some cool stuff.

What is Sanctuary?

Sanctuary is a space for young people to comment on what is increasingly one
of
the core terms used to describe Australian culture: Multiculturalism.

What this term means to our society, and specifically to young people in our
society, will be a key factor in the development of Australia over the next
half century.

And so we ask - What is multiculturalism to you?

The Sanctuary competition is soliciting entries from anyone 15-30 in the
categories of creative writing, non-fiction and images. Prizes will be
awarded to the winning entry in each category.

Submission guidelines:

Creative Writing

Word limit of 600 words
Submitted electronically

Non-Fiction Writing

Word limit of 600 words
Submitted electronically

Images

Minimum size of 150mm x 100mm @ 300dpi (1800pixels x 1200 pixels)
Submitted electronically

The top 3 entries in each categories will be published in the Sanctuary
Anthology,
with 10,000 copies distributed nationally for Harmony Day 2005. These and
more
entries will be published in a special section of vibewire.net.

Deadline for submissions is 31 December, 2004

For more details visit
http://www.vibewire.net/sanctuary/

Or email jeff at vibewire.intranets.com

Send submissions to jeff at vibewire.intranets.com

This project is proudly supported by the Australian Government's Living in
Harmony
initiative, which aims to promote community harmony.  For more information,
visit http://www.immi.gov.au/harmony