[csaa-forum] bolt is a nut

Dr Laurie DUGGAN l.duggan1 at uq.edu.au
Thu Dec 2 12:51:37 CST 2004

<Can I suggest that anyone who has been personally attacked by Andrew
Bolt should use his remarks to blurb their next book? The quote I plan
to use will warn readers that I represent "the end of civilisation".
It's a big task - but I feel up to ending Western culture if Mr Bolt
believes I can do it. My personal congratulations to everyone he sneered
at in his annual spray - you're obviously doing careful, relevant and
scholarly work.>

An early (poetry) book of mine came in for an extended unfavourable spray from a certain Melbourne reviewer. Out of this I extracted the only phrase that could be taken in isolation as praise - 'a legend in his own lifetime' - and used this on the cover of my next book.

Laurie