[csaa-forum] andrew bolt

Jason Jacobs j.jacobs at griffith.edu.au
Thu Dec 2 10:31:50 CST 2004

aaah Catherine now I understand:
amongst our weapons are wit, charm and irony...

Go get 'em.

Dr Jason Jacobs
Senior Lecturer
School of Arts, Media and Culture
Griffith University
Nathan Campus
Queensland 4111
Australia
Phone: (07) 3875 5164
Fax: (07) 3875 7730

Catharine Lumby <catharine.lumby at arts.usyd.edu.au>
Sent by: csaa-forum-bounces at lists.cdu.edu.au
01/12/2004 09:57 PM
Please respond to CSAA discussion list

        To:     CSAA discussion list <csaa-forum at lists.cdu.edu.au>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [csaa-forum] andrew bolt

Jason - please do not try to dissuade me from my mission. I am the
Cultural Terminator. I (and many others) have been annointed by Mr Bolt.
Ask yourself how many weirdo foreigners get their novels published in
English. Havent a few of these weirdos even won the Booker Prize? Have you
understood nothing about the scourge of political correctness?

Please try to understand the crisis neoconservative commentators are
struggling alert us to. And be a little bit more sensitive to their
marginalised position. What's their platform? Sure they pretty much
dominate the opinion pages of the Australian, the Sydney Morning Herald,
every Murdoch paper in Australia, and commercial talkback radio and a lot
of television by default. But how often do they get invited to give a
lecture to undergraduates in cultural studies? So please stop your elitist
carping. So this Xmas, give a little thought to how lonely it must be out
there on the margins for neo-conservatives. Crochet them something nice.

Jason Jacobs wrote:

is there not a relevant distinction to be made between Western Culture and
(human) civilisation? The former seems to hate itself well enough already,
but I'm all for the latter. Please don't end it Catharine.

Dr Jason Jacobs
Senior Lecturer
School of Arts, Media and Culture
Griffith University
Nathan Campus
Queensland 4111
Australia
Phone: (07) 3875 5164
Fax: (07) 3875 7730

csaa-forum
discussion list of the cultural studies association of australasia