[csaa-forum] Identity Matters

Lelia GREEN l.green at ecu.edu.au
Sat Nov 20 16:00:49 CST 2004

CALL FOR PAPERS

Identity Matters: those Shimmering Horizons 30th June - 1st  July 2005

Conference Speakers: Chris Barker - Associate Professor in Cultural Studies (University of Wollongong, Australia); * Philippa Berry - Independent Lecturer & Writer (former Fellow in English at King's College Cambridge)

Venue: Liverpool Hope University College.

Richly-textured debates about subjectivity, and a dizzying array of performative practices have emerged in recent years, raising important questions as to future imaginings and embodiment of our identities. This interdisciplinary conference invites papers which consider sociopolitical and philosophical theories of identity and their current transliteration in cultural analyses, literatures, practices, and performances. Contributions are especially welcome on elements of our interwoven identity themes: global - national - regional/European - sexual - gender - ethnic - religious.

The conference flyer, with full details of the Call for Papers, is attached.

Full conference details and proposal forms are available on our website at: www.hope.ac.uk/identitymatters

We would be grateful if you could print the conference flyer and display on noticeboards. Please also circulate this e-mail directly to colleagues and research students who may also be interested in participating in this conference.

Any queries should be directed to Sue Harwood at: isconference at hope.ac.uk

Many thanks

Dr. Jenny Daggers & Dave Merryweather,

Identity Studies,