[csaa-forum] Melb - Nabaneeta Dev Sen lecture

Melissa Gregg m.gregg at uq.edu.au
Mon Oct 25 10:44:31 CST 2004

The Institute of Postcolonial Studies invites you to a public lecture by
Professor Nabaneeta Dev Sen entitled "My Life, My Work".

Named by Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore and formerly married to
another Nobel Prize winner, Professor Amartya Sen, Professor Nabaneeta
Dev Sen is a much-loved poet and writer in Bengali and one of India's
foremost literary figures and social commentators.  Much of her work has
been concerned with issues of gender and sexuality in India, themes that
find expression in her prolific literary output in both Bengali and
English.