[csaa-forum] Not the election, but book reviews

Terry Flew t.flew at qut.edu.au
Tue Oct 12 11:16:26 CST 2004

Dear CSAA members

As some of you may be aware, I am the Book Reviews Editor for Continuum:
Journal of Media and Cultural Studies, which all CSAA members receive as a
part of their membership. As a result, and perhaps not surprisingly, I
receive a lot of books, and I currently have more than I have reviewers for.

If you are interested in reviewing books for Continuum, you may wish to
send me an email outlining your areas of research interest. I should note
that, over the last 18 months, we have moved towards a policy of carrying
review essays, where a person writes an article of about 3000 words drawing
upon a cluster of similarly-themed books. One advantage of this is that it
allows the work to be DEST-accredited, which is less likely with single
book reviews.

I also have recent books by current CSAA members that we would like to see
reviewed in Continuum. Please let me know if you re able to review any of
these titles, keeping in mind the imperative to meet publishing deadlines
(It is particularly unfair to ask for a book to review and then not review
it, as this denies the author the opportunity to see their book reviewed):

Ruth Barcan, Nudity: A Cultural Anatomy (Berg, 2004)
Ian Buchanan and Marcel Swiboda (eds.), Deleuze and Music (Edinburgh
University Press, 2004)
Peter Dunbar-Hall and Chris Gibson, Deadly Sounds, Deadly places:
Contemporary Aboriginal Music in Australia (UNSW Press, 2004)
Stephen Muecke, Ancient & Modern: Time, Culture and Indigenous Philosophy
(UNSW Press, 2004)
Rod Giblett, Living with the Earth: From Mastery to Mutuality (Salt, 2004)
Angela Ndalianis, Neo-Baroque Aesthetics and Contemporay Entertainment (MIT
Press, 2004).

Cheers
Terry
Dr. Terry Flew
Senior Lecturer and Discipline Head, Media and Communication
Course Co-ordinator, Creative Industries postgraduate coursework degree program
Reviews Editor, Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies

Creative Industries Faculty
Queensland University of Technology

GPO Box 2434
Brisbane Queensland 4001

Location: The Hub Z6-510 Kelvin Grove Urban Village
Phone: 61-07-3864 8188
Fax: 61-07-3864 8195
Mobile: 0405 070 980
Email: t.flew at qut.edu.au
Research profile:
http://www.creativeindustries.qut.com/people/staff/next.jsp?userid=flew&secid=Introduction

CRICOS No: 00213J

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or
confidential information. If you think you may not be the intended
recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the
sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or
disclose its contents to any other party. Please do not forward this email
- or sections of its content without checking with the sender in advance.
Thank you.