[csaa-forum] australia the easy

kiley gaffney kjg at consume.com.au
Mon Oct 11 15:47:58 CST 2004

In my own area (west end in brisbane) I was able to see the
aspirational element lining up in front of me at the old church hall.
People quite openly held how-to liberal sheets in their hand, in an
area where labor was once as right as one could possibly go. I am
repulsed that Howard's clunky jingoism is appreciated anywhere outside
of the liberal party room. But, the fear of interest rates rising and
the fear of anything foreign seem to bear more consideration than
education, health and war and unites the money-hungering of the right
with the xenophobia of the left. I'm glad to be leaving Australia for a
while.