[csaa-forum] CSAA email list/website: seminar & lecture announcements

James Donald j.donald at unsw.edu.au
Fri Aug 27 14:10:40 CST 2004

The next UNSW Media, Film + Theatre seminar
is presented by

Catharine Lumby

Media Studies Crash Test Dummies
The paper will examine the barriers to taking humanities knowledge outside
the academy and look at the professional and personal benefits and costs
for academics who decide to take up the challenge of applying knowledge to
real world issues.

Catharine Lumby is Associate Professor of Media Studies at Sydney
University and Director of the Media and Communications Program. Her most
recent book, co-edited with Elspeth Probyn, is Remote Control: New Media,
New Ethics. She is currently coordinating a research project for the
National Rugby League exploring attitudes and behaviours towards women in
football.

Wed 1 September at 5pm
in the Robert Webster building in Rm 327
on the UNSW Campus
All welcome!!

http://www.unsw.edu.au/maps/maps.html map ref G14
Enquiries email Jennifer Beale on j.beale at unsw.edu.au or 9385 4856

A poster and a list of the other seminars this session are attached.

At 03:06 PM 8/20/2004 +1000, you wrote:

>Dear CSAA list members,
>

>Id just like to take this opportunity to remind you that *in addition* to
>posting your announcements for seminars, lectures, workshops and other
>local, one-off events, you should *also* post it to the BULLETIN BOARD on
>the CSAA website.
>

>People often misplaceone off emails, but the bulletin board provides a
>permanent one-stop whats onlisting for such events.
>

>To read or post to the bulletin board go to:
>

>Ø       <http://www.csaa.asn.au/>www.csaa.asn.au
>
>Ø       Discussion menu
>
>Ø       Then Bulletin Boardon the drop down menu
>
>Ø       Scroll down to Events and Announcementsand click.
>
>Ø       If you want to add an event, just click add topic.
>
>Ø       Try to keep the subject line format to: Seminar at UNSW-date: Who, What
>

>There are a couple of events there now please add more wherever you are.
>

>The Bulletin board doesnt replace the email notices or the Conferences &
>Announcements listing on the main web page. Its there to provide a listing
>of the sorts of one-off small events that wouldnt make the big list I
>compile on the main site.
>

>Cheers
>
>Amanda
>
>CSAA Web-editor

>Dr Amanda Wise
>Postdoctoral Research Fellow
>Centre for Cross-Cultural Research,
>The Australian National University
>Canberra, ACT, AUSTRALIA, 0200
>Office Phone:+61(0)2 6125-0090 Mobile: 0412-497-206
>Fax: +61(0)2 6125-2438 Home: (02) 9798-9817
>Web:
><http://www.anu.edu.au/culture/n_people/staff/awise_1.htm>http://www.anu.edu.au/culture/n_people/staff/awise_1.htm

>csaa-forum
>discussion list of the cultural studies association of australasia
>
>www.csaa.asn.au

Dr James Donald
Professor of Film Studies
School of Theatre, Film & Dance