[csaa-forum] Publishing outside the academy

Andrea Baker andrea.baker at arts.monash.edu.au
Wed Aug 11 13:02:04 CST 2004

Kath,

I am interested your comment that "Some radio features are counted by
DETYA as  publications".

I have produced some 15 freelance radio features for ABC Radio National
programs, a few for Radio Eye, Media Report, Health Report; Sports
Factor; Background Briefing (our doco about ATSIC won an award for that
one!) etc. and about 5 ABC, RN's pieces over the course of being a
Journalism academic for 5 years but none regarded as 'DETYA for
publication'.

So I am a bit interested in your above comments...

regards,
Andrea
(Lecturer in Journalism, Monash)