[csaa-forum] Cultural Studies Association of Australasia - New Website

Greg Noble g.noble at uws.edu.au
Wed May 19 00:02:09 CST 2004

Hi amanda

I believe Meg has already emailed you about her problems in getting on to
the CSAA web site - it must be our iMac - I tried and it froze for me too,
but I can get it on my laptop OK - not sure what I can do about this. Any
ideas?

cheers

greg

>Dear all,
>
>The Cultural Studies Association of Australasia (CSAA) is pleased to
>announce our new website is now 'live'. We've undertaken a major upgrade
>of the site which includes some exciting new features:
>
>* A searchable member's database. Site visitors may search for CSAA
>members by name, institution or research interests.
>* Each member has an online profile featuring their contact details,
>research interests and current projects, books published and a link to
>their own site.
>* A bulletin board and email discussion list - 'CSAA Forum'.
>* An extensive listing of Australian, New Zealand and international
>conferences.
>* Announcements - including journal & edited collection CFPs,
>fellowships and jobs.
>* A resources section, featuring annotated links to Cultural Studies
>research centres, CS Portals, online journals etc.
>* A listing of latest books, funded research projects and PhDs in
>Cultural Studies.
>
>We invite you to visit our new site at: http://www.csaa.asn.au
>

>CSAA Membership benefits include:
>
>* Four copies a year of Continuum: Journal of Media and Culture, which
>is affiliated with the Association.
>* Two issues of the Association newsletter, as well as any other CSAA
>publications during the period.
>* Reduced prices for CSAA events, including the annual CSAA conference.
>* Eligibility to list your details, research interests, projects and
>books on our publicly viewable and searchable members database.
>* Eligibility to list recently published books and current funded
>research projects on the 'Latest Research' section of this website.
>
>Members from Australia, the region and beyond are welcome. You may join
>and pay online. Fees: $66 full / $44 student.
>

>Thanks and enjoy the site.
>Amanda Wise
>CSAA Web Content-Editor
>http://www.csaa.asn.au

>Dr Amanda Wise
>Postdoctoral Research Fellow
>Centre for Cross-Cultural Research,
>Australian National University
>Canberra, ACT, AUSTRALIA, 0200
>Office Phone:+61(0)2 6125-0090 Mobile: 0412-497-206
>Fax: +61(0)2 6125-2438 Home: (02) 9798-9817
>Web: http://www.anu.edu.au/culture/n_people/staff/awise_1.htm

>csaa-forum
>discussion list of the cultural studies association of australasia
>
>www.csaa.asn.au

Dr Greg Noble

School of Humanities             	ph:     47 360 365
University of Western Sydney
C Bldg, Kingswood campus
Locked Bag 1797                         email: g.noble at uws.edu.au
Penrith South DC
NSW 1797
Australia

Researcher, Centre for Cultural Research
Parramatta Campus, UWS

Co-author of 'Kebabs, Kids, Cops and Crime' (Pluto, 2000)
See http://plutoaustralia.com/catalogue/display.php?item=153