[csaa-forum] PSA: Mailing list issues

Andrew HUTCHEON a.hutcheon at ecu.edu.au
Wed Nov 8 12:37:29 ACST 2023

Hi all,
I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

As list admin, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that there are some odd things happening with the mailing list. Most notably, I’ve received an increasing amount of email over the last 3 months or so saying that members are not receiving list emails.

The notice for everyone is that it seems uni IT services appear to be bouncing (aka. rejecting) more emails from this list, for reasons currently unknown and probably varying across institutions. The mailing list has a built in threshold for such bounces before it ceases sending emails to a given address and we can’t remove this threshold without more servers counting as spam if we continue to mail legitimately non-existent addresses. At any rate, it appears that more list members are being automatically unsubscribed or not receiving emails on account of this issue.

I’m working on potential ongoing solutions to this issue but in the meantime, if you notice in future that you are no longer receiving emails from the CSAA list, please do the following:
1. Check if there is a bounce notification of some description in your junk/spam folder and, if there is one, read it and determine what the next step is.
2. If there isn’t a notification, please email me when you get the chance as I can usually fix it.

I will update everyone if there are any changes in this situation.

Apologies for any inconvenience. Please feel free to send me any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Andrew Hutcheon
CSAA Social Media and Website Officer

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS Provider No. 00279B
RTO Code 4756