[csaa-forum] Book launch and panel: 'Mediated Emotions of Migration' (Friday 9 May at UNSW)

Sukhmani Khorana s.khorana at unsw.edu.au
Tue Mar 21 08:06:22 ACST 2023

Dear CSAA Colleagues,

I would like to invite you to the launch of my latest book, ‘Mediated Emotions of Migration: Reclaiming Affect for Agency’ (Bristol University Press, 2023) at the UNSW Kensington campus on Friday 19 May at 6pm. Many CSAA networks, conferences, and mentors have been vital to the making of this book, so I hope some of you based in Sydney can join and celebrate.

The book will be launched by Liverpool City Councillor Charishma Kaliyanda, followed by a brief panel discussion led by A/Prof Tanja Dreher with A/Prof Caroline Lenette, A/Prof Ruth Balint, Yamamah Agha and Sheila Ngọc Phạm. Please RSVP using the Eventbrite link below by 1 May for catering purposes and feel free to share in relevant networks:
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/book-launch-and-panel-mediated-emotions-of-migration-tickets-591988271857

Warm regards
Sukhmani

--
Scientia Associate Professor Sukhmani Khorana
School of the Arts and Media

Request your librarian to order my new book, Mediated Emotions of Migration by Bristol University Press.<https://bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/mediated-emotions-of-migration>
Selected Recent Publications:

  *   ​(2022) Khorana, Sukhmani. “Indian-Australian Political Candidates as Transnational Actors: Reflecting the Community or Fighting Othering?” in Transnational Spaces of India and Australia. Palgrave. 53-67

  *   ​(2021) Khorana, Sukhmani. “Online refugee advocacy campaigns in Australia: approaches to care and an affective human rights ​pedagogy” in Activating Cultural and Social Change. Routledge. 212-226.