[csaa-forum] FW: IAMCR 2021 Nairobi is live

Fiona Martin fiona.martin at sydney.edu.au
Sun Jul 11 21:39:29 ACST 2021

Dear colleagues,

As of 10pm AEST IAMCR 2021 Nairobi<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/sCPWC6XQ4Lfr38qjASpPNKu?domain=iamcr.org> will be live.  Check in to the website to read and comment on sessions, to be part of the section and working group sessions, and to enjoy the flow videos, podcasts and interactives, and the virtual stands.

The Popular Culture section for example includes:
Identities and Digital Culture<https://iamcr.org/node/17307>
Digital Culture in Changing Times<https://iamcr.org/node/17486>
Glocal, International and Transnational Popular Media<https://iamcr.org/node/17340>
Remaking Soft Power: Turkish TV Dramas and the Geopolitics of Neo-Ottomanism<https://iamcr.org/node/17370>
Popular Music Culture<https://iamcr.org/node/17394>
Influencers and Celebrities<https://iamcr.org/node/17418>
Gender, Sexuality and the Popular<https://iamcr.org/node/17439>
The Political and the Popular<https://iamcr.org/node/17455>
The Politics of Representation<https://iamcr.org/node/17468>
Television: the Old, New and Popular<https://iamcr.org/node/17478>

There are also some great plenary sessions over the next few days starting tonight:
https://iamcr.org/nairobi2021/plenaries<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/vu-ZC71R2NTAPow4xcW1AnN?domain=iamcr.org>

If you’re member it’s free to take part so take the time to pop in and catch up with our colleagues from around the globe.

regards,
Fiona

DR FIONA MARTIN
Associate Professor in Convergent and Online Media,
Vice President Research, Journalism Education & Research Association of Australia,
Research Engagement Director,
School of Literature Arts and Media |
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY

ARC Discovery 2019-2022 Platform Governance: Rethinking internet regulation as media policy<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/8vXCC81V0PT6JLEDZS2VRMz?domain=research.qut.edu.au/>
Facebook Content Policy Research on Social Media Platforms award: Regulating Hate Speech in the Asia Pacific<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Lbe5C91WPRTkZ9DLgFODEJG?domain=ses.library.usyd.edu.au>
International Center for Journalists/UNESCO Online Harassment Project.

Rm S2.20, Lvl 2 John Woolley Building A20 |
The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9036 5098  | F +61 2 9351 5444 | M +61 428 391 122
E fiona.martin at sydney.edu.au<https://webmail.sydney.edu.au/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>
TW @media_republik
W https://sydney.edu.au/arts/media_communications/staff/profiles/fiona.martin.php<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ybVEC0YKPviGEZpqDcOre6Z?domain=sydney.edu.au>

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.
Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.