[csaa-forum] Performance of the Real - New Journal Issue and Website

Performance of the Real Research Theme performance.real at otago.ac.nz
Thu May 20 00:12:19 ACST 2021

Dear all,

The Performance of the Real is delighted to announce a new special issue of our journal, entitled "Performing Ecologies", as well as the launch of our brand new website<http://performancereal.org>.

The new journal issue<https://performancereal.pubpub.org/performing-ecologies-2021> collects papers originally presented at the Performing Ecologies conference hosted in November 2018. The journal aims to provoke consideration of the role, importance and impact of performance and creative practice in our ‘learning to live with/in’ our current ecological crisis.

This issue contains articles on:

  *   Climate change and animal realism
  *   Breath and atmosphere
  *   Decolonial performance practices
  *   Ecological thinking and embodied practice
  *   Somatic listening
  *   Choreographies of participatory ecologies
  *   Theatrical landscapes and environmental knowledge
  *   Affective ecology in embodying character
  *   Performative ingestion and ecological crisis
  *   Video games and ecological systems
  *   Site responsive performance and climate change
  *   Puppetry and ecopsychology
  *   Visual narrative and the post-human
  *   Empathy and site-specific art practice

Please take a look<http://performancereal.org> and we would appreciate it if you could forward this to interested parties in your networks.

Ngā mihi,

Alex Wilson
Research Assistant