[csaa-forum] Reminder: Applications Closing, CSAA Mentoring 2021

Michael Richardson michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au
Tue Apr 6 10:06:18 ACST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

REMINDER: CSAA is now calling for applicants for its Mentorship Scheme for 2021. Applications close Friday April 16.

I’m pleased to report that we have had a great response from established colleagues who are willing to mentor. My sincere thanks on behalf of the CSAA Exec to Nick Holm (apologies for leaving Nick off the list in my previous email!), Grayson Cooke, Astrid Lorange, Glenn Fuller, Lisa Slater, Andrew Hickey, Holly Randell-Moon, Michelle Phillipov, Amanda Third, Tanja Dreher, Amy Dobson, Angi Buettner and Daniel Marshall. All these mentors have significant and varied demands on their time, so it speaks to their commitment to our scholarly community that they would make time to support emerging scholars. There is a wealth of experience and knowledge in the group and I’ve no doubt each will be able to offer much wisdom and support to whoever they are paired with.

The Mentoring Scheme is designed to provide professional guidance and support to CSAA members who are early career academics, independent scholars, in non-continuing positions, or regional locations. Applicants should already have their PhD, although if you have submitted and are awaiting you may also apply.

Successful applicants will be matched with a senior colleague, with whom they will have 4-6 mentoring meetings over the course of the year. Meetings will take place online, unless you make other arrangements.

If you would like to participate in this scheme and be mentored by an amazing cultural studies scholar, please complete the CSAA Mentoring 2021 Application Form<https://forms.gle/cCjapZm5GXSkQHGa6>. You will need to briefly cover your research background and current circumstances, your goals for the next twelve months, and what support you are seeking from the scheme (e.g. advice on publishing, job applications, grant writing etc).

Applications are due Friday 16 April 2021.

Please note applicants must be members of the CSAA (see http://csaa.asn.au/join-csaa/). You can currently join at a reduced rate of $50

Best,

Michael Richardson

CSAA Membership Officer

-----

Dr Michael Richardson
Senior Research Fellow (ARC DECRA)
Co-Director, Media Futures Hub<http://www.mediafutureshub.org/>
School of the Arts & Media
Faculty of Arts, Design & Architecture
University of New South Wales

michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au<mailto:michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au>
https://unsw.academia.edu/MichaelRichardson
@richardson_m_a<http://www.twitter.com/richardson_m_a>

I acknowledge and pay my respects to the Traditional Custodians of the land I work and live on, particularly the Bedegal and Gadigal Peoples, and their elders past and present. Sovereignty was never ceded, and the struggle for justice continues.

[signature_1815394799]