[csaa-forum] Infrastructural Inequalities issue: Policing, Crisis, Abolition

Astrid Lorange a.lorange at unsw.edu.au
Wed Mar 17 19:08:57 ACST 2021

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of my co-editors Liam Grealy and Andrew Brooks, I am writing to share the latest issue of the Infrastructural Inequalities<https://infrastructuralinequalities.net/> journal. This is a collection of works under the theme “Policing, Crisis, Abolition”.

The issue<https://infrastructuralinequalities.net/issue-2/> features original work by Thalia Anthony, Farhad Bandesh, Johanna Bell, Rocket Bretherton, Andrew Brooks, Gabriel Curtin, Sab D’Souza, Liam Grealy, Debbie Kilroy, Tabitha Lean, Astrid Lorange, Dave McDonald, Stella Maynard, Farhad Rahmati, and Mark Steven. These essays and interviews examine prison protest, storytelling, thermal violence, mandatory detention, public and online policing, and other issues through different valences of an abolitionist politics. We’re excited to share the work and hope that it contributes to discussions and organising around abolition and infrastructural inequalities.

Please forward on to any colleagues or students who may be working in the space.

Cheers,
Astrid (and Liam and Andrew)

Dr Astrid Lorange
Lecturer

UNSW Art & Design
UNSW Sydney

Paddington Campus
Cnr Oxford St & Greens Rd,
Paddington, NSW 2021
Australia

T:  +61 (0)401 196 653
E:  a.lorange at unsw.edu.au<mailto:a.lorange at unsw.edu.au>
W: artdesign.unsw.edu.au<https://www.artdesign.unsw.edu.au/>

I pay my respects and acknowledgments to all Traditional Custodians on whose land I live, work and travel through.

CRICOS PROVIDER CODE 00098G

[cid8F1DBFCD-3580-42E1-A894-4FED9A8E634A]