[csaa-forum] What was your first CSAA conference?

Jon Stratton jon_stratton22 at outlook.com.au
Tue Mar 2 09:16:45 ACST 2021

Checking my CV, I notice that the 2004 conference was also held at Murdoch Uni. I don't think I have the two conferences muddled up!

One thing I was looking for was when the association moved from being the Cultural Studies Association of Australia to the Cultural Studies Association of Australasia. As my CV claims the 2003 conference, which was held in Christchurch, was held by the Cultural Studies Association of Australia I assume my CV must be wrong. I have a vague memory of there being discussion at one of the conferences about how the name should be changed, whether Australasia was politically appropriate or whether it should be the Cultural Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand. There may be others who have a better grasp of this.

By the way, the first international Crossroads in Cultural Studies conference was held in Tampere in 1996.

Cheers,
Jon