[csaa-forum] Fw: Expressions of interest for Oceania 33 1/3 books

Jon Stratton jon_stratton22 at outlook.com.au
Sun Nov 29 18:03:31 ACST 2020

Hi Everybody,
    Now that teaching is over for the year this seems like a good time to put out an end-of-year call for expressions of interest in writing books for the Bloomsbury Oceania 33 1/3 series. For those who don’t know, Bloomsbury have been running a general 33 1/3 series for some years. Here is the Bloomsbury webpage: https://www.bloomsbury.com/us/series/33-13/ . The books are focused on individual albums and are 30,000 words long, give or take.

I, along with Jon Dale, am editing a local version of the series. The books can be in virtually any style and they are aimed at second and third year undergraduates, academics and informed general readers. The label Oceania includes an area broader than just Australia and Aotearoa/New Zealand. However, these two countries are the primary focus of the series--but if you would like to write about an album from elsewhere in the region please email me.

At present book proposals are being developed covering a wide range of albums from Kev Carmody’s Pillars of Society to Regurgitator’s Unit and John Farnham’s Whispering Jack.

The albums chosen don’t have to be well-known but the proposed book should be able to show why a book on that particular album is important.

Jon Dale's special area of interest in this series is albums from Aotearoa/New Zealand. At present all the albums for which proposals are being written are Australian. We are therefore particularly focused on albums from Aotearoa/New Zealand but certainly not to the exclusion of Australian albums or albums from elsewhere in the Oceania region.

Should you be interested in writing a book about an album that fits these criteria, or if you have any queries, please contact either Jon Dale or myself.

Jon.stratton22 at outlook.com.au or Jon.stratton at unisa.edu.au
Jon Dale Jonathon.dale at gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Jon