[csaa-forum] CSAA Support Sessions

Michael Richardson michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au
Fri May 8 11:43:48 ACST 2020

Dear colleagues,

As we’re all experiencing in different ways, the Covid-19 crisis and its impacts on sector have been remarkable. From losing vital sessional contracts to feeling cut off from research communities to  juggling caring responsibilities while working at home, many of us are facing unexpected challenges without our familiar support networks or with access to them radically changed.

In addition to the Special Round of Small Research Grants announced by Elizabeth Stephens (applications close today!), but we are also planning to organise a series of virtual CSAA Support Sessions on topics of interest (replacing the CSAA Mentoring Scheme for this year only).

Our plan is to run a series of one-hour Zoom drop-in CSAA Support Sessions on a range of topics. These will designed to support precarious and early-career scholars, but will be open to all. Topics might include: strategies for working from home, remote fieldwork, writing to publish, research planning, etc. Sessions will usually be led by an established scholar, who will talk for a few minutes at the beginning and then answer questions and lead discussion for the remainder of the hour.

If you are interested in running a session, please reply to me directly. It can be on anything you think would be helpful – one of the ideas listed above, or something else entirely. Running a session should involve minimal preparation – a few notes would be more than enough.

If you are interested in taking a session on a specific topic or led by a specific scholar in our community, please reply to me directly with your ideas.

More to come.

Take good care,
Michael

-----

Dr Michael Richardson
Senior Research Fellow (ARC DECRA)
School of the Arts & Media
University of New South Wales

michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au<mailto:michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au>
https://unsw.academia.edu/MichaelRichardson
@richardson_m_a

Gestures of Testimony: Torture, Trauma, and Affect in Literature. New York: Bloomsbury Academic, 2016. http://bloomsbury.com/9781501315800/

I acknowledge and pay my respects to the Traditional Custodians of the land I work and live on, particularly the Bedegal, Bidjigal and Gadigal Peoples, and their elders past, present, and emerging. Sovereignty was never ceded, and the struggle for justice continues.