[csaa-forum] Message to the CSAA Community for the CSAA Committee

Elizabeth Stephens e.stephens at uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 16 08:59:02 ACST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Many of us are starting this week either dealing with announcements about imminent university closures, or waiting (with considerable anxiety) for those announcements to be made. Over the last week, we have seen activity in our community grind to a halt, as the trickle of event and programme cancellations has become a cascade. Many of us are now scrambling to move teaching online on a moment’s notice.

These are strange and unprecedented times.

I urge the CSAA community to share resources and support as we go through this together. Our community has many members who are medically and/or economically very vulnerable right now. Colleagues who are in more secure/senior positions, please advocate on behalf of your colleagues in precarious employment. It would be good to share information about the financial and other support the university will offer casual staff over this period of disruption.

The CSAA provides various spaces for community discussion.

You can join the CSAA Facebook group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/48459482164/

A Facebook page for postgrad members is here:

https://www.facebook.com/CSAA-Postgrad-Members-182287808562801/

CSAA is on Twitter here:

https://twitter.com/CSAAustralasia

Let us look out for each other in the challenging weeks ahead.

To that end, please provide collective support and share information where you can. We can keep reaching out to one another, even as we keep our distance, over the weeks ahead.

With best wishes,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Stephens
ARC Future Fellow/Associate Professor of Cultural Studies
President, Cultural Studies Association of Australasia
Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities
University of Queensland Australia 4072
T: + 61 7 3365 7183 E: e.stephens at uq.edu.au  W: http://uq.academia.edu/ElizabethStephens<https://exchange.uq.edu.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=c9c1382619904792917762425ca21fe4&URL=http%3a%2f%2fuq.academia.edu%2fElizabethStephens>
UQ ALLY:  Supporting the diversity of sexuality and gender at UQ<https://staff.uq.edu.au/information-and-services/human-resources/diversity/sexuality/ally-network>.

New book: Normality: A Critical Genealogy
http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/N/bo26955753.html