[csaa-forum] Head of School position / Curtin University / School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry

Baden Offord baden.offord at curtin.edu.au
Tue Mar 10 16:16:43 ACST 2020

Job Vacancy
Curtin University

The School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry ( MCASI) incorporates a combination of creative, professional and more traditional academic disciplines,  and is renowned for its critical and creative research in the domains of media, communication, culture and technology; social justice, human rights, and creative arts.

Home to the longest continuously running writing program in Australia, the School is recognised internationally for its award-winning creative-practice research in writing, performance, fine art, and the screen arts.MCASI is also ranked in the top 150 in the world for the subject of Communications and Media Studies, and in the top 200 in the world for Art and Design in the 2019 QS World University Rankings by Subject.

Our School engages with new technologies in teaching, research and practice in the creative industries, arts and social sciences, and encourages creative and critical engagement with relevant industries.

http://staff.curtin.edu.au/job-vacancies/?ja-job=113474

Professor Baden Offord, PhD
Haruhisa Handa Chair of Human Rights
Director | Centre for Human Rights Education
Research Professor of Cultural Studies and Human Rights

School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry
Faculty of Humanities
Curtin University
T: | +61 8 9266 7186
E: | baden.offord at curtin.edu.au
W|http://humanrights.curtin.edu.au<http://humanrights.curtin.edu.au/>
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA)
Recently Published:
"Lived Experience", Cultural Studies Review, 2, 2019.<https://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/journals/index.php/csrj/article/view/6915>
"Becoming Human", Overland, 2019.<https://overland.org.au/2019/07/becoming-human-lived-experience-suicide-and-the-complexities-of-being/>

I acknowledge the Whadjuk people of the Noongar nation on whose lands Curtin University stands. I pay my respects to all Indigenous custodians of the lands across Australia.