[csaa-forum] CFP RiDE Special Issue, Carcerality, Theatre, Rights

Sarah Woodland s.woodland at griffith.edu.au
Wed Sep 11 15:30:16 ACST 2019

Dear All,

Please find attached the CFP for a special issue of Research in Drama Education on Carcerality, Theatre, Rights. See also https://think.taylorandfrancis.com/research-in-drama-education-si-carcerality-theatre-rights/

This special issue on Carcerality, Theatre, Rights invites submissions exploring the role of theatre and performance in challenging and resisting incarceration in its various forms. In particular, this issue is interested in practice and scholarship that engages with rights discourse in order to highlight the role of theatre and performance in resisting pervasive logics and technologies of carcerality. What role can theatre and performance play in highlighting the rights of those experiencing state sponsored marginalisation, control and imprisonment? And what role can theatre and performance play in challenging the exclusionary structures of carcerality?

250w Abstracts are due 30th September

Please submit these directly to myself Sarah Woodland (s.woodland at griffith.edu.au) and Rand Hazou (r.t.hazou at massey.ac.nz).

Feel free to email me off list if you have any queries.

Warm Regards,
Sarah

Dr Sarah Woodland | Research Fellow

Queensland Conservatorium Research Centre
Griffith University  | South Bank Campus | QLD 4101 | Building location (S01) Room 3.43
T +61 7 3735 6232| F +61 7 3735 6282 | 0424 272 869 | email s.woodland at griffith.edu.au<mailto:s.woodland at griffith.edu.au>

I acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands on which I live and work, pay respect to the Elders, past, present and emerging, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.