[csaa-forum] Fw: Sessional Marking for Indigenous Studies

fjorn Butler fjbutler at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 21 14:32:37 ACST 2019

Hi Holly

Jon Dale passed on your email to me RE: sessional markers for an Indigenous studies subject starting up around Oct this year.
Just want to express my interest in this work, and give you an idea of my experience.
This will be my first semester marking and tutoring at a tertiary level,  however I have extensive experience teaching in other capacities such as in guest tutor roles, workshops, and training sessions. Further I have experience in copy editing friends' Doctoral theses, and also finished my degree with first class Honours in 2017  - my topic was the role of colonial conceptualizations of biological frameworks, their politicisation, and how they are used in neoliberal governance structures as organising and orienting principles in Indigenous- settler relations.

I have great communication skills and experience in reporting and editing, and am adept in Microsoft Word and basic referencing programs. I excel at time management and multitasking - having worked and studied simultaneously most of my life. Having managed several staff in Indigenous community run organisations at many points in my working life, I thus have a strong background in conflict management and managing complex situations that require delicate and empathetic responses.
I have worked for several local Indigenous Councils within Victoria in various capacities (mainly Wurundjeri Tribe Council and Taungurung Clans Aboriginal Corp) so I have a strong and nuanced approach to cultural awareness. I am also keen to work with young queer and gender diverse folk students
I've attached my CV for further info.
Please feel to ask questions or give me a call

Fjorn Butler
0497281101