[csaa-forum] CSAA Conference Bursaries

Michael Richardson michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au
Sun Apr 28 19:49:40 ACST 2019

Dear colleagues,

CSAA Conference Bursary Scheme 2019

CSAA is very pleased to announce its 2019 Annual Conference Bursary Scheme. The scheme will fund three bursaries to attend “Cultural Transformations” at the University of Queensland, Brisbane, on 4-6 December. The scheme is intended to enable access to the conference for scholars based in Australia or New Zealand who would otherwise not be able to attend.

Bursaries will be available to scholars in the academic precariat (sessional staff or staff on contracts of less than two years full-time equivalent), Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and First Nations scholars without permanent academic appointments, and current PhD candidates without access to institutional funding for conference attendance. All applicants will be required to have a paper accepted for presentation at the Annual Conference, write a short rationale for the bursary and provide a simple budget of expected costs.

Bursary recipients will have their conference registration and CSAA membership fee waived and be reimbursed for reasonable, estimated costs of airfares and accommodation up to $1,000 (AUD). Applicants from New Zealand and Western Australia may make a case for an increased amount based on higher travel costs.

Applications will open after notifications of acceptance into the conference have been sent, with a simple online form to complete.

If you have any questions, please contact me directly and I will do my best to assist.

Best,
Michael Richardson
CSAA Membership Officer

-----

Dr Michael Richardson
Senior Research Fellow (ARC DECRA)
School of the Arts & Media
University of New South Wales

michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au<mailto:michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au>
https://unsw.academia.edu/MichaelRichardson
@richardson_m_a

Gestures of Testimony: Torture, Trauma, and Affect in Literature. New York: Bloomsbury Academic, 2016. http://bloomsbury.com/9781501315800/

We acknowledge the Traditional owners, past and present, of the land on which we work. Our main campus is on the Land of the Eora people.