[csaa-forum] CFP: Gender Diversity in Music and Art Conference Perth WA 16-19 July 2019

Tarsh Bates tarshbates at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 12:01:37 ACST 2019

Gender Diversity in Music and Art Conference**
**
*16-19 July 2019 *
**
University of Western Australia

Hosted by the Conservatorium of Music, this four-day international
conference will focus on vital, diverse and inspiring music and art
making by women and gender-diverse artists and scholars. Spotlighting
otherwise under-recognised contributions to the development of music and
art, Gender Diversity in Music and Art will both showcase and discuss
the representations of this work in academia, industry and the
everyday.The conference draws together the discussions that emerged from
the Women in the Creative Arts (ANU 2017) and Gender Diversity in Music
Making (Monash 2018) conferences. A cross-section of artists, art forms
and academics will meet to share work and experiences and build
opportunities for gender equity across these fields. Join us to share a
wide spectrum of activity in this area including academic research,
current industry approaches and discussions, and creative work.

Keynotes and artists in residence include Jennifer Walshe, Shoeb Ahmed,
Robyn Schulkowsky, Vanessa Tomlinson, Sandy O'Sullivan, and more to be
announced.

Papers, lecture-recitals and panel proposals are welcomed from people of
all genders, as well as creative works (compositions, performances) by
women and gender-diverse artists and scholars. Submissions by First
Nations artists and scholars are particularly encouraged. Submissions
are welcomed for:

  * 20 minute paper presentation
  * 20 minute lecture-recital
  * 20 minute panel proposals (maximum of 4 speakers)
  * Creative works duration 5 – 10 minutes

Submit a single document including a 250 word abstract, list of
technical requirements and a 100 word biography. Please include any
additional access requirements as appropriate. Information on diversity
in your submission can be found here
<<https://www.uwa.edu.au/able/-/media/Faculties/FABLE/Docs/GDMA-Further-Information-for-Presenters.pdf?la=en&hash=07C966053D5632671F9357A571E1671B>>.

Submissions are due *5 April 2019* via the conference website:
uwa.edu.au/genderdiversity2019.

Conference Committee: Louise Devenish, Sarah Collins, Cecilia Sun, Ionat
Zurr, Tarsh Bates, Shoshana Rosenberg

--

Visual Art Co-Chair/Gender Diversity in Music and Art/ 16-19 July 2019
Co-Convenor /Quite Frankly: Its a Monster Conference/ 18-19 October 2018

Postdoctoral Research Associate • SymbioticA • School of Human Sciences
• The University of Western Australia • M309, 35 Stirling Hwy Crawley WA
6009 Australia • T +61 8 6488 5583 • M +61 (0) 432 324 708 • E
natarsha.bates at research.uwa.edu.au

I acknowledge the traditional owners of the lands on which I live: The
Whadjuk people of the Noongar Nation. I acknowledge their ancestors and
pay my respects to their elders; past, present and future.