[csaa-forum] CSAA 2019 Mentorship Scheme: Call for Applications

Michael Richardson michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au
Mon Mar 11 07:46:01 ACST 2019

Dear all,

Reminder: applications to be mentored under the CSAA Mentorship Scheme close this Friday 15 March.

Please share widely with recently submitted PhDs, ECRs, teaching fellows, independent scholars, sessional teachers and others who might be interested.

The Mentoring Scheme is designed to provide professional guidance and support to CSAA members who are early career academics, independent scholars, in non-continuing positions, or regional locations. Applicants should already have their PhD, although if you have submitted and are awaiting you may also apply.

Successful applicants will be matched with a senior colleague, with whom they will have approximately 6 mentoring meetings over the course of the year. Meetings can take place in person or via phone, skype or email, as mutually convenient.

If you would like to participate in this scheme and be mentored by an amazing cultural studies scholar, please send an application of no more than one page containing the following information:

1.       Brief details of your research background and current circumstances
2.       Your goals for the next twelve months
3.       What support you are seeking from the scheme: ie, advice on publishing, job applications, grant writing etc.

Please note applicants must be members of the CSAA (see http://www.csaa.asn.au/join/index.shtml).

Applications should be sent to michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au<mailto:michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au> by Friday 16 March.

I’m also very pleased to add Grayson Cooke and Daniel Marshall to the stellar line up of mentors already announced (Lisa Slater, Andrew Hickey, Holly Randell-Moon, Michelle Phillipov, Amanda Third, Anna Hickey-Moody, Elspeth Probyn, Tanja Dreher, Amy Dobson, Rob Garbutt, Catherine Driscoll and Angi Buettner).

Best,
Michael

-----

Dr Michael Richardson
ARC DECRA Research Fellow | Senior Lecturer in Media
School of the Arts & Media
University of New South Wales

michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au<mailto:michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au>
https://unsw.academia.edu/MichaelRichardson
@richardson_m_a

Gestures of Testimony: Torture, Trauma, and Affect in Literature. New York: Bloomsbury Academic, 2016. http://bloomsbury.com/9781501315800/

We acknowledge the Traditional owners, past and present, of the land on which we work. Our main campus is on the Land of the Eora people.