[csaa-forum] CSAA Mentorship Scheme

Michael Richardson michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au
Fri Feb 15 08:27:17 ACST 2019

Dear colleagues,

I’m very pleased to announce that the CSAA is rebooting its mentorship scheme and will soon invite applications for mentees.

The aim of this scheme is to support the professional development of early career CSAA members, especially those in regional locations, casual positions, or without formal institutional support. It’s for folks who’ve finished their PhD, who no longer have formal support from their supervisor or institution.

Being a mentor provides a rewarding way to support colleagues who are struggling in the current climate of professional academia or who simply need guidance navigating the tricky waters of post-PhD life. To make the scheme as successful as possible, we are looking to build a wide pool of mentors to match the research interests of mentees as closely as we can.

If you are interested in participating in this scheme as a mentor, we would love to hear from you!  Please email me directly at michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au<mailto:michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au> by 28 February, 2019.

Mentors would offer to email/talk/skype with their mentees once a month or so, between April and November.  Mentees will be required to provide in advance a clear account of what they would like to get out of the scheme, and what their goals for the year are.  The scheme is open to members only.

We will be calling for applications for mentees later this month, so keep an eye out for that email if you’re interested in applying.

If you have any questions about this scheme, please contact me at the above email address.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Michael (CSAA Membership Officer)

-----

Dr Michael Richardson
ARC DECRA Research Fellow | Senior Lecturer in Media
School of the Arts & Media
University of New South Wales

michael.richardson at unsw.edu.au
https://unsw.academia.edu/MichaelRichardson<http://uws.academia.edu/MichaelRichardson>
@richardson_m_a

Gestures of Testimony: Torture, Trauma, and Affect in Literature. New York: Bloomsbury Academic, 2016. http://bloomsbury.com/9781501315800/

We acknowledge the Traditional owners, past and present, of the land on which we work. Our main campus is on the Land of the Eora people.