[csaa-forum] LIVING WITH WATER: QUESTIONS FOR POLICY AND ACTION (JAN 17th)

Timothy Laurie Timothy.Laurie at uts.edu.au
Mon Jan 14 11:43:40 ACST 2019

LIVING WITH WATER: QUESTIONS FOR POLICY AND ACTION

Hosted by the Housing for Health Incubator and Sydney Environment Institute

Date And Time: Thu. 17 January 2019, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: Wilkinson Building, 148 City Road, University of Sydney
Room: Wilkinson Lecture Theatre
Free: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/living-with-water-questions-for-policy-and-action-tickets-52655317472

A public policy roundtable featuring:

- Tess Lea (Chair, Housing for Health Incubator)

- Lauren Walker (North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency)

- David Morris (CEO, Environmental Defenders Office NSW)

- Aron Chang (Urban designer, New Orleans)

- Robert Griew (Principal, Nous Group)

This roundtable draws together scholars and professionals to explore how climate change is forcing communities to rethink and rework how they live with water. What adaptive responses have we witnessed to water under-supply, contamination, and changing landscapes, and what needs to change? Panelists have applied their diverse expertise to the challenges of how we reform urban planning and community engagement, attend to Indigenous housing, contend with extractive industries, and develop legal, policy, and political responses for even more challenging futures. What policy strategies and social collaborations are necessary to effect political influence and how can we narrate policy success?

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects. Think. Green. Do. Please consider the environment before printing this email.