[csaa-forum] 'Cultures of Capitalism' Special Issue of Continuum

Randell-Moon, Holly hrandell-moon at csu.edu.au
Fri Dec 21 15:13:43 ACST 2018

Kia ora koutou,

I'm pleased to announce the publication of the 'Cultures of Capitalism' special issue of Continuum. This issue contains contributions from the 2017 CSAA conference of the same name, held in Wellington, Aotearoa New Zealand and hosted by the School of English and Media Studies, Massey University.

https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/ccon20/32/6?nav=tocList

Many thanks to my co-editors for their hard work on a fantastic issue.

Here are the table of contents:

Edited by Ian Huffer, Kendra Marston, Holly Randell-Moon, Sy Taffel, and Amie Taua

1. Marston, Kendra, and Amie Taua Cultures of Capitalism: Introduction

2. Hartendorp, Kassie Utu and Capitalism: A Harmful Imbalance

3. Moewaka Barnes, Helen, E. Eich, S. Yessilth Colonisation, whenua and capitalism: experiences from Aotearoa New Zealand

4. Thompson, Jay Daniel Haunting sex: Capitalism as spectre in Australian anti-"media sexualisation of childhood" discourses

5. Banks, Chloe Disciplining Black Activism: Post-racial rhetoric, public memory and decorum in news media framing of the Black Lives Matter Movement

6.  Faleatua, Rachel, Insta Brand Me: young women's voices on self-representation

7. Collie, Natalie and Wilson Barnao, Caroline The droning of intimacy: Bodies, data, and sensory devices

8. Vonk, Lisa Paying Attention to Waste: Apple's Circular Economy

9. Siganporia, Harmony Who dreams this dreaming? Patanjali's symbolic usurpation of the trope of the "enslaved" Indian economy

10. Mylonas, Yiannis The "Greek crisis" as a middle class morality tale: frames of ridicule and contempt and resentment in the German and the Danish press

11. Carlson, Anna, and Briohny Walker Free Universities and Radical Reading Groups: Community self-education as anti-capitalist culture creation

Ngaa mihi,

Holly.

[Charles Sturt University]<http://www.csu.edu.au/>

|   ALBURY-WODONGA   |   BATHURST   |   CANBERRA   |   DUBBO   |   GOULBURN   |   MELBOURNE   |   ORANGE   |   PORT MACQUARIE   |   SYDNEY   |   WAGGA WAGGA   |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University (CSU) does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with CSU may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at CSU. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of CSU.

Charles Sturt University in Australia<http://www.csu.edu.au> The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018

Consider the environment before printing this email.