[csaa-forum] CFP: Gender and sexuality justice in Asia: Conflicts and resolutions 12-14 Nov 2018

Baden Offord baden.offord at curtin.edu.au
Sat Apr 14 11:44:57 ACST 2018

CALL FOR PAPERS
Deadline 30 June

Conference on Gender and Sexuality in Asia (CoGen2018) will be held from November 12th to 14th, 2018 Monash University Malaysia.

The theme of the Conference is: Gender and sexuality justice in Asia: Conflicts and resolutions

CoGen 2018 is eager to join in conversation with the UN, scholars and activists by exploring and discussing a wide array of issues related to gender and sexuality justice in Southeast, South and East Asia. The Conference is interested in multi-layered nuances that are embedded in conflicts pertaining to gender and sexual justice, and either existing or planned strategies to address and resolve these injustices.

We are particularly keen on underrepresented research on the aforementioned intersections, and interdisciplinary collaborations. We welcome submissions from early career and established academics, independent and post-doctoral researchers and doctoral students. We will also consider poster presentations of completed research projects from master and fourth-year Honours students. Academic-activist collaborations are particularly welcome.

We are also looking towards a high-quality publishable outcome from this Conference.

Single and panel abstract submissions of 150-200 words in MS-Word format should be emailed to cogen at gmail.com before or by the new deadline of June 30, 2018. Abstracts should contain the title of the presentation, the name(s) of the author(s) and affiliation(s). An email containing a notification of acceptance or otherwise will be sent out on July 31, 2018. If your abstract is accepted, we expect you to be present at the Conference for your own presentation. The deadline for registration and payment of fees is September 24, 2018.

Details of the conference can be found here: https://www.monash.edu.my/sass/research/research-workshops-and-conferences/international-conference-on-gender-and-sexuality-in-asia-cogen-2018-november-12-14,-2018

---
DR JOSEPH N. GOH
PhD in Gender, Sexuality and Theology
Lecturer in Gender Studies
Arts and Social Sciences
Building 2, Level 6, Room 12 (2-6-12)
Monash University Malaysia

_________________________

Professor Baden Offord
Director | Dr Haruhisa Handa Chair of Human Rights Education
Professor of Cultural Studies and Human Rights
Centre for Human Rights Education
School of Media, Creative Arts and Social Inquiry
Faculty of Humanities

Curtin University
T: | +61 8 9266 7186
E: | baden.offord at curtin.edu.au