[csaa-forum] CFP: Society for Social Studies of Science conference panel

Jonathan Marshall Jonathan.Marshall at uts.edu.au
Tue Jan 23 16:08:57 ACST 2018

The Society for Social Studies of Science conference is to be held in Sydney AUGUST 29 – SEPTEMBER 1 2018. Closing date for abstracts is Feb 1st

The panel i'm trying to run is:

26. Climate Technologies and Unintended Consequences
Jonathan Marshall, University of Technology, Sydney

Climate technologies’ can be defined as those technologies which are designed to help prevent or deal with climate change. This includes technologies such as renewables, biofuels, geoengineering, carbon trading, carbon capture and so on. The purpose of this panel is to explore the likely unintended consequences of these technologies for society, ecologies, other technological systems and so on, and the unintended effects of social processes on these technologies. What might we have to look out for? How do we factor in unexpected consequences? How do we limit such factors? Approaches from any theoretical and disciplinary perspective are welcome.

https://4s2018sydney.org/accepted-open-panels-4s/

jon
UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects. Think. Green. Do. Please consider the environment before printing this email.