[csaa-forum] Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (Edition 54)

Dr Samita Nandy samitanandy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 00:20:09 ACST 2017

*We are pleased to announce that the 54th edition of Centre for Media and
Celebrity Studies (CMCS) newsletter has been released. *
*This edition includes updates on*:

   - CFP Desecrating Celebrity, Fourth International Celebrity Studies
   Conference
   - CFP Critical Arts Special Issue: Celebrity and Protest in the
   Anti-Apartheid Struggle
   - CFP: Stardom and Fandom
   - David P. Marshall presents "The New Word of Mouth Culture: Pandemic
   Fame / Persona / Rumour / Reputation and the Production of Information
   Instability”
   - Celebrity Chat interview on Freddie Mercury (Season 3 Episode 4)
   - LSE PhD candidate Winnie M Li wins The Guardian's Not the Booker Prize
   - CMCS Op-Ed, Essays, and Reviews
   - PhD Job Search Course (free)

You may now access the newsletter for printing or review here*:
**bit.ly/2y9v9uS
<http://bit.ly/2y9v9uS> *
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, sign up here
<http://cmc-centre.us3.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=8d968a451671b45aa780b5674&id=c0075e3a74>
.
We look forward to conversations with you on our Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/celeb_studies>. Visit our website (
www.cmc-centre.com) for further announcements.

The Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) is an international
organization and research network that helps coordinating academic research
and media commentaries on celebrity culture. CMCS carries a pedagogical
philosophy that inspires integration of research and media skills training
in academic and public discourses of fame.  The centre believes in
intellectual, aesthetic, and ethical values of bridging gaps in higher
education and media. With this view, CMCS facilitates research,
publications, creative productions, and media commentaries to restore
artistic and ethical acts for social change.