[csaa-forum] Listening and social justice, panel discussion and book launch, 5 - 6.30 Wed Sept 13, Macquarie University

Nicole Matthews nicole.matthews at mq.edu.au
Tue Aug 22 14:09:10 ACST 2017

All are welcome to attend a panel discussion and open forum on the theme of “Listening and Social Justice” on Wednesday September 13, from 5-6.30 in the Drama Studio, Y3A 10 Hadenfeld Road, Macquarie University, North Ryde.

The panel will be reflecting on the following questions:

  *   What are some of the barriers to listening to others, especially those with different experiences from ourselves?
  *   Are there ways of making listening easier? Should it be easy?
  *   What role do media play in contemporary forms of listening?
  *   How do we know good listening when we see it?
  *   How can we research listening in political and social justice contexts?
Panellists: Tanja Dreher (Arts and Media, UNSW), Justine Lloyd (Sociology, Macquarie), Amanda Tink (Writing and Society Research Centre, UWS), Leanne Holt (Walanga Muru, Macquarie) and Frances Rapport (Australian Institute for Health Innovation, Macquarie).

Wednesday, September 13, 5-6.30 pm
Drama Studio, Y3A, 10 Hadenfeld Road, Macquarie University

The panel will be followed by the launch of Nicole Matthews and Naomi Sunderland’s Digital Storytelling in Health and Social Policy: Listening to marginalised voices (Routledge, 2017)

https://www.routledge.com/Digital-Storytelling-in-Health-and-Social-Policy-Listening-to-Marginalised/Matthews-Sunderland/p/book/9781138024502

Please RSVP to Zara.Khan at mq.edu.au<mailto:Zara.Khan at mq.edu.au> by 10 am Monday Sept 11.  Please let Zara know of any access requirements or dietary needs.

Feel free to circulate this invitation (and the attached poster) through your networks.

<http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/xf5K9HjZ9PU4gUxntkuw/full>

<http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/fqt8YvH8rkFacbmiH3zt/full>