[csaa-forum] Upcoming Seminar at UNSW: 'More-Than-Human Re-membering', Lissa Holloway-Attaway

Collin Chua c.chua at unsw.edu.au
Wed May 17 13:31:43 ACST 2017

A performance/talk, with digital media accompaniment.
View in your browser<http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=a98c9e57e9cf4c69871b56b36&id=b00f904600&e=>

[SAM Seminar Series] <https://sam.arts.unsw.edu.au/events/featured/sam-seminars/?mc_cid=b00f904600&mc_eid=[UNIQID]>

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/a98c9e57e9cf4c69871b56b36/images/0fc7635b-e246-4de6-b7a1-0230ec827e40.jpg] <http://>

More-Than-Human Re-membering: embodied texts and digital phenomena

When Tuesday 23 May, 5 – 6.30pm
Where Cinema 327, Robert Webster Building, UNSW Kensington

In this performance/talk, with digital media accompaniment, I will engage and discuss the ways in which material worlds, digital phenomena, and more-than-human bodies (text bodies, media bodies, land & seascape bodies, memories) may entangle and inscribe experiences beyond traditional rhetorical subjectivities.  Drawing on contemporary feminist materialist perspectives, I will offer a way to rethink the agencies and intra-active processes which comprise our expressive and embodied networks for storytelling in the Age of the Anthropocene. And I will also talk about barns, cats, blubber, water, and one-room schoolhouse mythologies.

Lissa Holloway-Attaway is an Associate Professor in Media Arts, Aesthetics, and Narration and the Leader for the Media, Technology and Culture Research Group in the Department of Informatics at the University of Skövde (Sweden). Her research focuses on digital feminist posthumanities, environmental humanities, digital humanities, digital cultural heritage, and experimental narrative within emergent media forms.

Her creative and critical media work and research has been exhibited and published in various international venues and journals. She is currently working to produce a “living book” titled “digital imaginaries/posthuman visions” as part of the “Tropologies of Climate Change” project.

Visit the event page.<https://sam.arts.unsw.edu.au/events/sam-seminar-more-than-human-re-remembering/?mc_cid=b00f904600&mc_eid=[UNIQID]>
Bookings not required.

Finding us
Robert Webster Building is located mid-way off the UNSW main walkway. Map Reference G14. Cinema 327 is located on the third floor. More information on getting to UNSW.<http://www.facilities.unsw.edu.au/getting-uni?mc_cid=b00f904600&mc_eid=[UNIQID]>

There is limited parking on the campus but free parking is available from 6:30pm in the car park next to NIDA accessed via Day Ave.

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/outline-dark-facebook-48.png]<https://www.facebook.com/samUNSW/?mc_cid=b00f904600&mc_eid=[UNIQID]>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/outline-dark-instagram-48.png]<https://www.instagram.com/samunsw/?mc_cid=b00f904600&mc_eid=[UNIQID]>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/outline-dark-twitter-48.png]<https://twitter.com/samUNSW?mc_cid=b00f904600&mc_eid=[UNIQID]>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/outline-dark-medium-48.png]<https://medium.com/@samunsw?mc_cid=b00f904600&mc_eid=[UNIQID]>

[https://cdn-images.mailchimp.com/icons/social-block-v2/outline-dark-link-48.png]<https://sam.arts.unsw.edu.au/?mc_cid=b00f904600&mc_eid=[UNIQID]>

Visit the School of the Arts and Media website.<https://sam.arts.unsw.edu.au/?mc_cid=b00f904600&mc_eid=[UNIQID]>

An email for students or friends of SAM and the CPL at UNSW.