[csaa-forum] Final Programme: "Technicity, Temporality, Embodiment: the 10th Somatechnics Conference", Byron Bay Dec 1-3

Karin Sellberg k.sellberg at uq.edu.au
Wed Nov 16 16:13:52 ACST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to announce that the final programme for "Technicity, Temporality, Embodiment: the 10th International Somatechnics Conference" is now available here:
https://technotemporalities.wordpress.com/schedule/

The conference will be held in Byron Bay from Dec 1-3, with an opening reception on Wed, Nov 30. The programme includes 140 papers, presentations, performances and installations over three days, with participants from the UK, USA, Canada, India, Singapore, and Europe. We have four keynotes and four spotlight sessions, featuring Susan Stryker, Valerie Traub, Catherine Driscoll, Suvendrini Perera, Vicki Kirby, Robert McRuer, Gail Weiss, Sharon Snyder, David Mitchell, Margrit Shildrick, and Anna Gibbs.

The conference has been supported by SASS, SCU, QSCU, UQ and Australian Feminist Studies.

Daily rates are available as well as full registration. The link for registration is here:

https://technotemporalities.wordpress.com/call-for-papers/registration/

Thanks to generous sponsorship from SCU, Susan Stryker's keynote on Thursday will be held as a public lecture. Titled "Breathe: Trans* Life at this Moment in History," the lecture is free to attend but places are limited and rsvp essential. Seats can be reserved here:

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/public-lecture-by-susan-stryker-tickets-29426241681

It will be an exciting event, and we look forward to seeing many of you there.
Best wishes,
Karin Sellberg and Elizabeth Stephens

Dr Karin Sellberg
UQ Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities
University of Queensland
St Lucia, QLD 4072
Australia

Phone: +61 7 334 69493