[csaa-forum] Free the conference (by Craig Lundy)

Tseen Khoo tseenkhoo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 09:50:05 ACST 2016

Hello all

Following on the discussions recently about the cost and accessibility of
academic conferences, I approached Craig Lundy about his post here and he
generously agreed to work it into a blogpost for The Research Whisperer. It
was published yesterday and has already generated a fair amount of social
traffic and some interesting comments.

Here it is:
https://theresearchwhisperer.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/free-the-academic-conference/

Thanks, Craig and others, who've participated in this conversation. I think
it brings up very important issues for the academic sector all round.

Cheers
Tseen

*Dr Tseen Khoo | @tseenster*

La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia

t.khoo at latrobe.edu.au

*Research Whisperer:* theresearchwhisperer.wordpress.com | @researchwhisper