[csaa-forum] Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) March 2016 Edition

Dr Samita Nandy samitanandy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 09:29:42 ACST 2016

On behalf of the Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) board, we
are pleased to announce that CMCS board member Dr Anita Krajnc will be
interviewed by Karin Wells on The Sunday Edition of CBC Radio on Sunday,
March 20. *Please find *latest media coverage along with updates on
featured conferences and publications in the March 2016 edition of our
newsletter.

*The March 2016 edition features updates on*:

   -

   *3rd International Celebrity Studies Journal Conference: **Authenticating
   Celebrity*

   -

   *3rd International CMCS conference series **Bridging Gaps: What are the
   media, publicists and celebrities selling?*

   -

   *3rd Annual Beyond the Professoriate *Career Conference

   -

   *Book Release **The Cinema of Robert Altman: Hollywood Maverick *by Robert
   Niemi

   -

   *Call for Papers* YouTube Conference

   -

   *Call for Papers* Shipping and Fandoms

   -

   *Call for Papers *Indian Popular Culture Area

   -

   *Art exhibit, public talks, and media coverage*

You may now access the newsletter for printing or review here:
http://eepurl.com/bUxq7D

If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, sign up here
<http://cmc-centre.us3.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=8d968a451671b45aa780b5674&id=c0075e3a74>.

We look forward to our conversations with you on our Twitter, Facebook, and
LinkedIn. If you do not have Twitter, check highlights of this month's
conversations here:  https://storify.com/celeb_studies/cmcs-march-2016. Visit
our website (www.cmc-centre.com) for further announcements.

The Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) is an international
organization and research network that helps coordinating academic research
and media commentaries on celebrity culture. CMCS carries a pedagogical
philosophy that inspires integration of research and media skills training
in academic and public discourses of fame.  The centre believes in
intellectual, aesthetic, and ethical values of bridging gaps in higher
education and media. With this view, CMCS helps coordinating research,
publications, creative productions, and media commentaries to restore
artistic and ethical acts for social change.