[csaa-forum] Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) September 2015 Edition

Dr Samita Nandy samitanandy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 09:50:13 ACST 2015

*Apologies for cross-posting*
On behalf of the Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) board, I am
pleased to announce that the September 2015 edition of *Celebrity Culture
and Social Inquiry* has been published.  We are also thrilled to announce
that *Celebrity Chat <http://cmc-centre.com/celebrity-chat/series/>* video
series was launched at the CMCS conference *Bridging Gaps: Where is the
Persona in Celebrity and Journalism? *in New York City this month.

*The September 2015 edition includes*:

   -

*Highlights of Bridging Gaps: Where is the Persona in Celebrity and
   Journalism? Conference (New York City) *
   https://storify.com/celeb_studies/bridging-gaps-where-is-the-persona-in-celebrity-an-55eda2ea309315fd4dbb348f
   <http://cmc-centre.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d968a451671b45aa780b5674&id=4c2c289abc&e=9b4b89800a>
   .

   -

   *CMCS media interviews in “Overnight Celebrity”*

   https://www.prote.in/en/briefings/overnight-celebrity?fb_comment_id=730235840438565_731860700276079
   <http://cmc-centre.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d968a451671b45aa780b5674&id=7300b35862&e=9b4b89800a>

   -

   *Registration for After-Image: Life-writing and Celebrity **Conference
   (Oxford) *
   https://afterimage2015.wordpress.com
   <http://cmc-centre.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d968a451671b45aa780b5674&id=19860e80d2&e=9b4b89800a>

   -

*CMCS Media Skills Training Workshop (Toronto) *3-hour media skills
   training workshop at the Feminist Art Conference (FAC)
   http://factoronto.org/workshops/samita-nandy-shannon-skinner/
   <http://cmc-centre.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8d968a451671b45aa780b5674&id=fa9d5d9d27&e=9b4b89800a>

   -

   *Presentations and Publications*
   - P. David Marshall (Deakin)
   - Shelly By Shelley Cobb (Southampton) and Neil Ewen (Winchester)

You may now access the newsletter for printing or review here:
http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=8d968a451671b45aa780b5674&id=6ce162d00e&e=9b4b89800a
.
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, sign up here
<http://cmc-centre.us3.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=8d968a451671b45aa780b5674&id=c0075e3a74.>.
To share contributions with our growing research network, contact us at
info at cmc-centre.com.
Visit our website (www.cmc-centre.com) for further information.

The Centre for Media and Celebrity Studies (CMCS) is an international
organization and research network that helps coordinating academic research
and media commentaries on celebrity culture. CMCS carries a pedagogical
philosophy that inspires integration of research and media skills training
in academic and public discourses of fame.  The centre believes in
intellectual, aesthetic, and ethical values of bridging gaps in higher
education and media. With this view, CMCS helps coordinating research,
publications, creative productions, and media commentaries to restore
artistic and ethical acts for social change.