[csaa-forum] SIETAR Australasia Inaugural Conference 2015

Andrew Hickey Andrew.Hickey at usq.edu.au
Tue Jan 27 13:55:53 ACST 2015

SIETAR Australasia Inaugural Conference 2015
22 - 24 October 2015, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

My culture. Your culture. Our culture.
'Super Diversity and Multiculturalism. Managing and understanding diversity and culture at home and abroad.'

We invite theoretical and practical contributions questioning all forms of multiculturalism from dance, art to indigenous cultural sovereighty amongst some of the topics we like to discuss. this is an inter-disciplinary conference.

Our inaugural conference is about multiculturalism locally and globally. We would like to encourage and promote a deeper dialogue about multitudes of cultures co-existing without one dominating any of them. This is the ideal of multiculturalism we are aiming to explore in our conference: How to share without being subsumed.

We encourage all our participants to explore these ideas, to demonstrate and to find new ways to unite cultures in their presentations, workshops, or film, or any other performing art medium. We would like to explore the notion of how we can all co-exist and share our different cultures, but without being subsumed into one another’s culture. So join us in sharing your culture with my culture for us to create our culture together.

Topic:

1.                     Community and national identity

2.                     Multiculturalism in the workplace

3.                     Multicultural art in all forms

4.                     Hybrid culture

5.                     Multiculturalism and local culture

6.                     Indigenous culture and multiculturalism

7.                     Constructing multicultural identity

8.                     Religion and multiculturalism

9.                     Cohabiting in a global world

10.                   Denial of local culture into global culture

11.                   Symbols and culture

12.                   Multiculturalism in your country

13.                   Peace and multiculturalism

14.                   Superdiversity

15.                   Interfaith community and multiculturalism

16.                   Multiculturalism between nations

17.                   Multiculturalism and diplomacy

18.                   Multiculturalism international relations

19.                   Your culture and Multiculturalism

20.                   Australia and Multiculturalism

21.                   Australia and Islam

22.                   Multiculturalism and Australasia region.

23.                   Multiculturalism and global corporations

24.                   Multiculturalism and branding/ place branding

25.                   Multiculturalism, tangible culture, intangible culture

Note: Papers on other relevant topics are welcome too.

Dead-line for abstracts: 31 March 2015

Notification of acceptance: 25 May 2015

Early bird registration: 1 June 2015

Abstracts should be maximum 300 words in length. Precongress submissions and workshops submissions should be 500- 1000 in length.

If you are interested in contributing to the conference or have the capacity for sponsorship, please contact Hatice Sitki at sersa879 at gmail.com or Wieke Gur at wieke.gur at gmail.com.

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland. Although all reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of education with the Australian Government.
(CRICOS Institution Code QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M, TEQSA PRV12081 )