[csaa-forum] an article on The Sapphires

Jon Stratton jon_stratton22 at outlook.com.au
Tue Jan 13 11:25:26 ACST 2015

 Colleagues,
        My apologies for spruiking my own work but as we start gearing up for teaching in 2015 a few of you might be looking for something you can use to discuss critically the film, The Sapphires.  If this is the case then you might like to know about an article I have just had published in Continuum which, at present, is in the Latest Articles section.  It is titled 'The Sapphires were not the Australian Supremes: Neoliberalism, History and Pleasure in The Sapphires.'  I had Cultural Studies students in mind while I was writing it and the article's basis was in a lecture.

with kind regards,
Jon