[csaa-forum] Postgraduate degrees at the UNSW Centre for Social Research in Health

Christy Newman c.newman at unsw.edu.au
Mon Sep 8 13:18:22 CST 2014

The Centre for Social Research in Health* (CSRH) is seeking passionate, engaged and motivated applicants for our MA by Research and PhD degrees who are interested in understanding and influencing change in the fields of health, sex, drugs and risk: https://csrh.arts.unsw.edu.au/education-training/postgraduate-research/

Based in Arts and Social Sciences at UNSW Australia, a founding member of the Group of Eight (Go8) key teaching and research universities in Australia, our research degrees provide the skills needed to undertake high quality research, contribute to academic and policy debates, and inform best practice.

We welcome applications for research into the social and cultural aspects of HIV, sexual health, sexual practices, viral hepatitis and drug use but also encourage proposals in related areas of education, health and wellbeing, and from a diversity of social and behavioural science perspectives.

Students form an integral part of our diverse community of talented supervisors and researchers, and develop close relationships with community organisations, health and education service providers, and policy makers, to inform the quality of their research and strengthen the impact and relevance of their research findings.

To learn more about getting started, visit: https://csrh.arts.unsw.edu.au/education-training/postgraduate-research/getting-started/

Note: Applications for APA scholarships (for domestic students) close 17 October 2014 for first semester 2015 admissions. A second round then opens for second semester. UNSW International Research Candidate Scholarships are listed here: https://research.unsw.edu.au/postgraduate-research-scholarships

*Formerly the National Centre in HIV Social Research

Dr Christy Newman
Senior Research Fellow and Postgraduate Research Coordinator
Centre for Social Research in Health

UNSW AUSTRALIA
UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052 AUSTRALIA
T: +61 (2) 9385 4717