[csaa-forum] The Call for Papers: Writing From Below

Baden Offord Baden.Offord at scu.edu.au
Sun Jul 20 09:59:34 CST 2014

THE CALL
For our June 2015 issue, Writing from Below is calling for papers that address the broad theme of "Contamination from Above".

We invite authors to think about:

�  Impurity, contamination, autoimmunity and infection
�  What comes up from below, and what comes down from above
�  Unbinaries, groundless grounds, positive difference and diff�rance
�  Deconstruction as a place displacement, of newness, of beginnings, and of unlocatable origins
�  The tracings of meaning and its (dis)appearances
�  Genre-bending, gender-bending, academic queerness, rebellious textual configurations
�  Inter- and trans-disciplinarity
�  Occupying traditions and institutions as an act of insurrection, sedition, subversion or treason

Do not be limited. Be brave. Play with form. Send us ethnographies or art, sociology or sound files, philosophical treatises or poetic performances. We welcome submissions from across (and outside of, against and up against) the disciplinary spectrum: literary and cultural studies, journalism, media and cinema studies, game studies, art history, visual art, theatre and drama, performance studies, languages and linguistics, philosophy, theology, sociology, anthropology, history, politics, public policy, law, legal studies, criminology, education, the sciences and health sciences, public health, etc.

You will be peer reviewed. Your work will be respected.

Let us write from below about contamination from above and find out where it is that we meet.

SUBMISSIONS
We are open for submissions until February 2, 2015. Written submissions, whether critical or creative, should be between 3,000 and 8,000 words in length, and should adhere to the 16th edition of the Chicago Manual of Style. All submissions (including creative works - we do not privilege one type of work over another) will be anonymously peer reviewed by at least two referees. All written submissions must be accompanied by a 200 word abstract and a brief biographical statement. All artworks must be accompanied by an artist's statement of approximately 500 words, and a brief biographical statement.

Karina Quinn
Joint Managing Editor
Writing from Below | ISSN: 2202-2546
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences | La Trobe University | Victoria 3086 | Australia
T +61 3 9479 2397 | E k.quinn at latrobe.edu.au| W www.writingfrombelow.org.au
Twitter | FaceBook

----
Baden Offord, Ph.D.
Professor of Cultural Studies and Human Rights

Director, Community Engagement
School of Arts and Social Sciences
Co-Director, Centre for Peace and Social Justice
Southern Cross University

PO Box 157, Lismore 2480 Australia

e: baden.offord at scu.edu.au
t: + 61 2 6620 3162