[csaa-forum] Memefest - call for participation

Lisa Gye lgye at swin.edu.au
Wed Jul 16 15:31:40 CST 2014

Memefest is  currently calling for submissions from writers, artists, students, activists, designers and anyone else who is interested.

Memefest  has been running since 2000, originally in Slovenia and for the last two years in Brisbane. This year we will be hosting it here in Melbourne at Swinburne. You can read more about Memefest here  [http://www.memefest.org/en/about/what_is_memefest/ ] (you need to click the OK button, top right corner, to allow the site to use cookies or it won’t work properly – don't worry – we won't datamine you!).

This year’s theme is Radical Intimacies: Dialogue in our times. The call for works can be viewed here [ http://bit.ly/WbQwVg ]. You can read the theme parameters in more detail, see the texts we hope will inspire participants to enter and view each of the separate catergories:

Visual Communication Practice
Critical Writing
Participatory Art/Communication - 'Beyond...'!

The competition culminates in a symposium, workshops and interventions to be held over eight days in November in Melbourne.

We are particularly keen to identify students, professionals and academics who can submit work to the festival and that can take part in the face to face event in November. You can see student feedback from previous events here: http://www.memefest.org/en/memeblog/2013/11/keep-the-fire-burning-some-post-event-thoughts-/

We are in the process of preparing posters for this year’s event. Let me know if you would like some. And please pass this information on to anyone you feel might be interested in being involved.

If you’d like any more information or want to find out how to get yourself and your students involved, please let me know! Email: lgye at swin.edu.au

Cheers, Lisa

    Program Convenor
    Media and Communications
    Faculty of Health, Arts and Design| Swinburne University of Technology
  Ph +61 3 9214 8345
            Hawthorn   VIC  3122
lgye at swin.edu.au |  http://www.swinburne.edu.au/health-arts-design
            (CRICOS Provider 00111D)