[csaa-forum] Extended Deadline & Registrations Open | Knowledge, Culture, Economy International Conference
K.Davidson at uws.edu.au
Tue Jun 24 18:47:27 CST 2014
We have extended the abstract submission deadline for the Knowledge / Culture / Economy International Conference at UWS and have opened the conference registrations. Please see my email below.
We hope to see you there!
View this email in your browser<http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=e54382beb2&e=96fc29eac0>
REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
The Institute for Culture and Society at the University of Western Sydney cordially invites you to attend its flagship Knowledge / Culture / Economy International Conference<http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=6c51fb0132&e=96fc29eac0>, held on 3–5 November 2014 at the UWS Parramatta campus.
The conference will assess the shifting roles of knowledge, culture and economy in contemporary and historical scenarios of globalisation, production, consumption, expenditure, crisis, governance, technological change and reckonings with nature.
It will bring together theorists and practitioners from a wide range of backgrounds and knowledge institutions to debate these issues. Particular themes are:
* Asia Pacific Cultural Economies
* Cultures of Finance
* Economic Diversity
* Digital Life
* Fragile Environments
* Aihwa Ong, Professor of Socio-Cultural Anthropology and Southeast Asian Studies, University of California, Berkeley
* Timothy Mitchell, Professor and Chair of Middle Eastern, South Asian, and African Studies, Columbia University
* Chris Gibson, Professor of Human Geography, Director UOW Global Challenges Program, Australian Centre for Cultural Environmental Research, University of Wollongong
* Katherine Gibson, Professor, Institute for Culture and Society, University of Western Sydney
PAPER AND PANEL PROPOSALS | DEADLINE EXTENDED
Paper and panel proposals addressing the conference themes are invited. Proposals spanning one or more themes or other aspects of Knowledge/Culture/Economy relations are also welcome.
* Individual paper proposals (200–300 words)
* Panel proposals (200 words for the panel concept and 200–300 words on each panel paper)
Visit the Conference Online website<http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=484f753bd1&e=96fc29eac0> to submit your abstract. The deadline for abstract submissions has been extended to 11.55pm, 8 July 2014 (AEST).
<http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=30f4623d48&e=96fc29eac0>[http://gallery.mailchimp.com/2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941/images/89d6083e-c21a-4eca-bf59-707631cbb9fe.jpg]<http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=30f4623d48&e=96fc29eac0><http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=30f4623d48&e=96fc29eac0>Registration is now open. Register using the online registration form<http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=791836043f&e=96fc29eac0>.
The registration fee includes Welcome Reception, 3 day registration, lunches, morning and afternoon teas.
Early Bird Rates (ends 26 September)
* Standard: $395.00 (incl. GST)
* Concession: $295.00 (incl. GST)
* Standard: $445.00 (incl. GST)
* Concession: $345.00 (incl. GST)
No concessions, no early bird rates, expires 20 Oct 2014: $265
Three course gourmet meal plus drinks: $99 per head (only 70 seats available)
Conference Coordinator: Kristy Davidson: k.davidson at uws.edu.au<mailto:k.davidson at uws.edu.au>
Assistant Conference Coordinator: Vanessa Crosby: v.crosby at uws.edu.au<mailto:v.crosby at uws.edu.au>
Conference Registration Coordinator: Christy Nguy: c.nguy at uws.edu.au<mailto:c.nguy at uws.edu.au>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the csaa-forum