[csaa-forum] May 2014 issue of Australian Humanities Review OUT NOW!

Russell Smith russell.smith at anu.edu.au
Fri May 30 10:35:48 CST 2014

Hi everyone

We are pleased to announce the publication of the May 2014 issue of Australian Humanities Review - www.australianhumanitiesreview.org/<http://www.australianhumanitiesreview.org/> - which kicks off with an interview with J. Hillis Miller, and features a series of articles on the theme of "Revealing the Reader", guest-edited by Anna Poletti and Patrick Spedding with Rosalind McFarlane, a collection reflecting the diversity of recent work in book history and print-culture scholarship dedicated to reconstructing the activities of readers. Our book reviews continue the theme with Timothy Steain's review of Alison Ravenscroft's The Postcolonial Eye, on white readers reading indigenous-signed texts, while other book reviews address vampires, zombies, and the multiple layers of temporality.

As always, we welcome submissions: please see http://www.australianhumanitiesreview.org/about.html#submission for guidelines.

Happy reading!

Russell Smith and Monique Rooney
--

Dr Russell Smith
Lecturer & Graduate Convenor in Literary Studies
E: russell.smith at anu.edu.au

Editor, Australian Humanities Review<http://www.australianhumanitiesreview.org/>