[csaa-forum] Reminder | George Marcus to deliver the Sydney Seminar for Culture and Society, 25 March

Amanda Third A.Third at uws.edu.au
Thu Mar 20 13:34:07 CST 2014

Ethnographic Inquiry Today

A Public Lecture by Professor George Marcus, Chaired by Professor Ien Ang

How can cultural and social research address complex issues in the contemporary world? In this public lecture, George Marcus critiques how ethnography is transforming. How is ethnography impacted by the tensions between the local and the global, particularly in the context of ever more digitally mediate realities? And how is it implicated in the desire of corporations, institutions and governments to exercise cultural influence? How might we rethink ethnography to respond to the demands of our times?

George Marcus is Professor of Anthropology at the University of California, Irvine, editor of the journal Cultural Anthropology, and a leading figure in the field of anthropology internationally.

Seminar Details

Tuesday 25 March, 6pm - 7.30pm
Metcalfe Auditorium, Macquarie Building, State Library of New South Wales
Adults $15, Friends and Concessions $10, booking essential
Visit the Sydney Seminar for Culture and Society website<http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=e94d6d3f27&e=76faf9d4a4> for the latest updates

Purchase Ticket <http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=4634bec494&e=76faf9d4a4>

Sydney Seminar for Culture and Society is an initiative of the Sydney Seminar.

This Seminar is funded by the Institute for Culture and Society of the University of Western Sydney and also supported by the State Library of New South Wales.

This email was sent to a.third at uws.edu.au
why did I get this?<http://uws.us7.list-manage.com/about?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=cf9a93ad65&e=76faf9d4a4&c=6e36d394ce>    unsubscribe from this list<http://uws.us7.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=cf9a93ad65&e=76faf9d4a4&c=6e36d394ce>    update subscription preferences<http://uws.us7.list-manage1.com/profile?u=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&id=cf9a93ad65&e=76faf9d4a4>
ICS · Building EM, James Ruse Drive, Parramatta Campus · Penrith, Nsw 2150 · Australia

[Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=2c6b3db5d53c38069ca16f941&afl=1>