[csaa-forum] MSCP course The Works of Gilles Deleuze begins Monday 6.30pm at UniMelb

MSCP Convenor convenor at mscp.org.au
Wed Mar 12 08:24:44 CST 2014

*'The Works of Gilles Deleuze'*
Lecturer: Dr Jon Roffe

The course runs for 12 weeks on Monday evenings on campus at the University
of Melbourne. March 17 - June 9 (No class on April 21).

Enrol now at:
http://mscp.org.au/courses/mscp-evening-school-sem1-2014

Note, the Course is also available for distance enrolment.

Deleuze's work is as popular now as it has ever been, throughout the
humanities and social sciences. At the same time, a lot of this popularity
is based around a kind of mash-up of his various books, in which all
attention to detail is lost, and from which emerges a thinker with little
to recommend him beyond certain clichéd utterances.

The aim of this set of lectures will be to examine in outline each of
Deleuze's books, one at a time. In doing so, the aim will be to uncover not
a synoptic overview of "the philosophy of Gilles Deleuze," but rather to
grasp each moment of this philosophy on its own terms. In this way, we will
come closer to this philosophy (if there is one such philosophy) as he
presents it.

The course is recommended to anyone with an interest in engaging with
Deleuze beyond the dogmatic image of his thought that circulates in many
quarters today.

Enrol now at:
http://mscp.org.au/courses/mscp-evening-school-sem1-2014

*About the Melbourne School of Continental Philosophy*
The Melbourne School of Continental Philosophy is an independent teaching
and research organisation housed by the School of Historical and
Philosophical Studies at the University of Melbourne.  The MSCP teaches
short courses during the summer and winter university holiday periods and
evening courses during semester.  We also run single day research workshops
in autumn and spring, organise reading groups and work to encourage and
support philosophical thinking in the community.  Everyone is welcome to
attend our courses, and our teachers are free to teach on whatever subject
they wish.  The MSCP is a non-profit organisation.

http://mscp.org.au

enquiries
admin at mscp.org.au