[csaa-forum] CSAA Mentorship Scheme: Call for Mentors

Elizabeth Stephens e.stephens at uq.edu.au
Tue Feb 4 16:51:40 CST 2014

Dear colleagues,

Following a successful pilot scheme last year, the CSAA is preparing to invite applications for this year's mentorship scheme.

The aim of this scheme is to support the professional development of CSAA members, with an emphasis on early career researchers.  We are particularly concerned to provide support for those in regional locations, casual positions, or without formal institutional support.

This year we are hoping to widen the pool of available mentors, in order to match research interests as closely as possible.

If you are interested in participating in this scheme as a mentor, we would love to hear from you!  You can email me at: e.stephens at uq.edu.au<mailto:e.stephens at uq.edu.au>.

Mentors would offer to email/talk with their mentees once a month or so, between March and November.  Mentees will be required to provide a clear account of what they would like to get out of the scheme, and what their goals for the year are.  The scheme is open to members only.

We will be calling for applications for mentees in a few weeks.

If you have any questions about this scheme, please contact me at the above email address.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Stephens
Deputy Director
ARC Senior Research Fellow
Centre for the History of European Discourses
University of Queensland
St Lucia Australia 4072
Email: e.stephens at uq.edu.au<mailto:e.stephens at uq.edu.au>
Phone: + 61 7 3346 9493